www.office.com/setup Blogs: Select a team and channel
A team is a collection of people, conversations, files, and tools — all in one place. A channel is a discussion topic in a team. The best way to get familiar with teams and channels is to select a team and channel and start exploring.
- Select the Teams icon.
- Under a team, select a channel and take a look at the Conversations, Files, and Notes tabs in the channel.
Reply to a conversation
Conversations in channels are organized by date and then threaded. The replies in threaded conversations are organized under the initial conversation and are easier to follow.
- Find the conversation thread you want to reply to.
- Select Reply, add your message, and press Enter.
Start a new conversation
When you have a new topic or idea to introduce to the team, you can start a new conversation.
- Select a team and channel.
- In the Start a new conversation box, add your message and press Enter.
When you want someone to receive a notification for a message you’re sending, you can @mention the person. You can @mention a channel, a team, a person, or several people.
- In the Reply or New Conversation box, type the @symbol, then type the first few letters of the person’s first name.
- In the Suggestions box, select the person. Repeat for as many people as you want to @mention.
- For those who you @mention, the @ symbol shows in the message in their Channel and on their Teamicon. Check your Team icon now to see if someone has @mentioned you.
Also published on Medium.